Ever wanted to impress your guests by whipping up a Master Chef worthy meal? Well, here’s a cheat sheet to whipping up a scrumptious 3-course meal with ease! It’ll taste so good that they’d think you’ve FoodPanda-ed it!
Let’s start with the drinks. Well, of course, no celebration is complete without the booze. But because its a fancy, elegant dinner party, it’s time to suit up and present a more classy beverage. A glass of red wine can never go wrong, but there are so many different types of wine in the market. We’ve narrowed it down to one specific one which will complement the tomato-based ravioli dish we plan to prepare in just a bit.
Grab a bottle of the Cabernet Sauvignon and you should be good to go. It can be found at cold storage for just $16.90. Cabernet Sauvignon not only the name of the wine but it refers to the specific type of grape used to make the wine. It has a primary flavor of black currant with overtones of blackberry and mint. It provides a hearty and rich flavor which best compliments dishes with tomato-based red sauces.
FOR THE KIDS:
Let’s not forget about pleasing the children too! Sparkling berry lemonade is a crowd favorite can it can never go wrong. The tartness of the lemon and the sweetness of the berries and sugar creates a harmonious flavor that is quite addictive. The tartness of the lemon is also able to cut through the heaviness of the tomato-based sauce used in the ravioli. Using the Sparkling Lemonade tops it all off making the experience for kids just as enjoyable as the adults. It pulls the whole dinner party together as the bubbles create a celebratory mood.
Sparkling Berry Lemonade
- 180 ml of Lemonade
- 1 Liters of sparkling water
- 225 grams of frozen/fresh berries
- 2 lemons
- Combine Lemonade and Sparkling Water in a big Jug
- Semi-crush the berries by cutting them in half and using the back of a fork to smoosh them down slightly.
- Add the berries into the jug.
- Add ice cubes and enjoy!
An impressive starter can set the mood and tone of the dinner. Don’t forget the main aim here is to impress your friends so remember to stay classy throughout. But even though you might want to impress your friends you wouldn’t want to break a huge hole in your wallet. Adding a touch of truffle in your meal will definitely add a wow factor in your bougie dinner. But then again truffle anything is going to cost a bomb. So we’ve found a cheat sheet to adding truffle into your meal. Truffle potato chips cost only $6.90 at cold storage! What a steal! Place the chips in a fancy wooden or glass bowl and sprinkle a little alfalfa sprout on top to give it a little crunch, freshness and most importantly to make it Instagram worthy! Pair that all up with a side of sour cream and voila! You’ve got a starter waiting to please the palates of your guests.
Truffle Chips and Dip
- Truffle potato chips
- Sour cream dip
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Place Truffle Potato Chips into a Glass Bowl
- Sprinkle some Alfalfa Sprouts on top and give chips a little toss
- Place Sour Cream dip into a separate bowl.
- Serve together and enjoy!
The main dish is supposedly the star of the show so you’ll definitely need a foolproof recipe and we’ve got you covered. It’s so simple yet fancy at the same time your friends wouldn’t even notice that most of it is premade. Just remember to clear your trash so that they don’t see the packaging laying around in your kitchen! This complex dish has so many layers to it, from the ravioli having a squishy salty center to the sweet yet tangy tomato-based sauce and finally the Chicken Meatballs adding a bouncy and juicy texture to the whole dish tying everything together harmoniously. If you’re wondering what the basil leaves are for well, Instagram of course! We’re ultimately trying to impress your friends so little touches like this make just the difference.
Chicken Meatball Ravioli
- Pre-made Ravioli
- Pre-made Pasta sauce
- Pre-made Chicken Meatballs
- Basil Leaves
- Cook Chicken Meatballs according to instructions on the package, but do not add sauce packet to meatballs
- Boil the Ravioli according to the instructions on the package.
- Once ravioli is cooked, stir in tomato-based pasta sauce.
- Plate everything nicely on a plate, wipe the edges of the bowl clean and top it all off with a one or two basil leaf before serving.
Something sweet to end off a bougie meal is a must! No matter how full you think you are, there’s always room for dessert! So here’s a dessert that will not only allow you to satisfy your sweet tooth and get high, well on the sugar of course. Being able to serve your guest’s molten lava cakes will definitely get you tagged on their Instagram story! The combination of the cold ice cream and the warm cake is a classic combination that is to die for. The tartness of the strawberries will bring another dimension to the whole dish. It will help cut through the richness of the chocolate and the sweetness of the ice cream. Don’t be put off by how the lava cake looks its a lot simpler than it looks just be brave and give this a try you will not regret it!
Molten Lava Cake
- 57 g room temperature butter
- 3 large eggs
- 227 g bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 43 grams All purpose flour
- 43 grams Granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Vanilla ice cream
- Mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Celsius and prepare 6 ceramic moulds by buttering the inside and dusting them with a little flour.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add Eggs one at a time beating well with each addition.
- Fold in flour until just combined.
- Add in chocolate making sure not to overmix.
- Divide batter evenly in the ceramic moulds.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the tops of the cakes are cooked to touch.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes
- Gently turn the cakes out onto the serving plates and serve with one scoop of vanilla ice cream a few strawberries and end off with a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top. Don’t forget to add the mint leaves for garnish!
Being able to cook is one thing but impressing your friends is a totally different thing. Being fancy definitely takes effort but with our guide, we hope that you’ve managed to pull things off with as little effort as possible. If you do manage to cook and pull things off do remember to share it with us on Instagram or Facebook! Also, a quick tip if you need to jazz up your dining table a little bit, buy some baby’s breath from any supermarket and lay them out on the table it will bring your atas level up by quite a bit. Remember it’s the little details that make a difference!